Vegan Spicy Mexican Bean Burger
THE best HIGH PROTEIN vegan burger we've ever made! Can't wait to make these again!!
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 chilli pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 80g quinoa (dry weight)
- 1 can black beans, drained and mashed
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, minced
- Salt (optional) and Pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa as per pack instructions.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Over medium heat steam-fry onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and kale and cook until softened.
- Mash the beans.
- Combine all ingredients together to form dough.
- Shape dough into 6 burger patties.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 C.