Vegan Refried Beans - High Protein
Oil free and packed full of protein
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
1. Steam fry onion until translucent.
2. Mash beans together with stock.
3. Add garlic and cumin to the pan with the onion and steam fry for a further minute.
4. Add mashed bean mixture into pan with onion and cook on a medium heat until it thickens (about 10 mins).
5. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice and coriander.
Serve with any mexican dish (serves two).